Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Sausage Balls

We do love the Brazilian food but sometimes we just miss good old American food, well, to be quiet honest, we miss Southern cooking. So, to be a good wife to my husband, because he is Southern, i decided to cook some Sausage Balls. I do have to tell you the trouble i went to so i could do this for him. First, i had to make Bisquick, (that's right ladies....make my own because there is no way i can buy that here!!) then i went to the meat market and asked them to ground 3 times pork meat. They did this for me after they asked many times what i was going to do with the meat. They tought it was strange because i asked to grind the meat many times...well, i tought that it was strange that the butcher had a dog tied up where he cuts the meat, the poor dog was barking, and was grinding my meat while he was smoking cigarettes. Strange??? yes, that was what i tought, by the way, i asked him what he was going to do with the dog, he told me he was going to give it to his sister. Robert did asked me if the meat looked like pork, well, i told him of course but i have no idea what pork meat looks like! (Sorry Robert) Anyways....
So, washed up the meat and then i seasoned with sausage seasoning, then i cooked, then i mix the bisquick, fake cheddar cheese and the "pork" meat. Well, it tasted all right, so, i tought. Robert felt that it was a little bit dry but he sure ate a lot of it and even Mr. Malachi ate a whole lot. Well, yes, i did these sausage balls for us but too for the Brazilian people we met here so that they could have a privilege to eat Sausage Balls. I was so excited....well, each one of them that tried these sausage balls called them meatballs. All they kept telling me is that "we have them here is called meatballs." hehehehe:) These things always happen to me, in America, i did Brazilian things and people tought was like an American food, now, i am here, trying to do American things and they just think is Brazilian Meatballs!! For the Record: They are Sausage Balls!

No comments: